Monday, March 2, 2009

SO....NO TITLE TODAY.

So, I'm just sitting here in silence trying to understand what the reason could possibly be that we continue to hear one bit of bad news (or no news) after another. Folks, it doesn't make sense.

Today was...
Well, today was another heart breaking day on the adoption front. Honestly I've tried not to be dramatic about the ongoing saga of delays that has epitomized our process, but today I really just can't sit around and say, "well, we'll just have to wait a little more, it's all out of our control." As if taking control of it ourselves would make the whole thing right.

We had hoped to hear a few days ago that a document was obtained to get us to the next step in the process of bringing Koko home. (Kind of like in National Treasure, you get a clue, to get another clue, to get another clue, yada yada yada.) Jessica says today that this first of three needed documents has still not been obtained because of currently unexplainable events involving people in the process. Sound cryptic? It is. Unfortunately rules dictate that I cannot give you details on line. Suffice it to say that we can't make sense of it.

Tears were flowing today. Um....we are faithful, faithful people. But I gotta tell ya -- hearing right now that this is some sort of "plan" is kinda tough. (just being honest)

Ok, fine. We will wait. It's what we HAVE to do. Koko is counting on us to be strong people (she just doesn't know it.) But this constant getting-our-hearts-squashed thing is getting me to feel yucko inside.

We are just thankful to have our wonderful family to hold us up when we need reminded to stay positive. If you think about it, pray for our strength over the next few weeks. And for these WONDERFUL PEOPLE, too.


Let Israel hope in the Lord: for with the Lord there is mercy, and with him is plenteous redemption. (Psalms 130:7)

Hey, Guido had his little 'parts' snip snipped last week and he got over it - we can learn from his shining example, I guess!

love you all,
smj

13 comments:

Heather said...

This is heartbreaking, I don't even have words to express how sorry I am to hear this news. Just know that I am thinking of you, Chad & Koko and praying that you get the needed documents ASAP!

J, A, T and Y said...

Love you guys....so thankful for you.

Ladybugs appear said...

waiting with you heart to heart. so sorry.

Scott said...

We're thinking and praying for you to stay strong although I know this is all very difficult for you. Hopefully you don't have to wait too much longer to get some good news. Will call soon...

Love,
Scott, Stacy, Tyler & Nathan

m&r said...

I don't have any words of wisdom or any way to express how frustrated and sad we are for you. But know that you are in our thoughts and that we continue to hope that good news is on its way to you very, very, very soon.

msl said...

I'm so so sorry to hear about the continued delays! I simply can't imagine how hard this has to be! Please know you are all in my thoughts and prayers!!

Lori S said...

It is so frustrating to hear about the delays. I feel for you and what you must be going through at this time! Your names just went on my prayer list! God Bless!

Jebena said...

No words I say will take it away, so unlike Job's friends, I'll remain silent with words to you but will stand in prayer for you.

Scott said...

HAPPY FIRST BIRTHDAY, KOKO! Hope you come home to see us soon!

Love,
Uncle Scott, Aunt Stacy, Tyler and Nathan

Shelly Roberts said...

Just stopping in to check on you guys ...... broken-hearted for you and with you over your recent turn of events. Please know that I'll continue praying for you guys ... and your precious wee-one waiting for you to stay the course. ~Shelly

Christina said...

I'm so very sorry! Hang in there!!

Natalie Fournet said...

I am so sorry for you....look forward to talking to you soon.

Farmboy and Buttercup said...

Oh, this must be just torturous for your family. And it doesn't make sense. It really doesn't.

We have had some massively difficult times in the past, and it was recommended I spend some time in the Psalms. David gets your pain, and there is something so refreshing in reading him share his grief, frustration, sadness, bitterness. Yet we see his heart turn from sadness and grief to hope -- that only comes from God.

Why Adopt? Check out this video!